Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday, March 3, 2009


I just talked to Galen on the phone. He's still in the hospital! The doctor started him on a pill form of his blood thinner, and his blood levels began bouncing around. Now, Galen's goal is to go home by his birthday, March 7th. He really missed celebrating Sondra's birthday, so I hope they can celebrate together this weekend. Galen and the kids helped Sondra to decide to take the early retirement that has been offered to her by the State of California.

Sunday was a lot of fun. We were invited to Sue and J.C.'s home for dinner. We had choir practice after the morning service, so we were starved! They invited 12 of us for a sit-down roast beef/chicken dinner. I really enjoyed looking through their 3,000 sq. ft. home. It was beautiful, but I don't think I would like to take care of that much house and garden at my age!

Our Bible study class continues to grow. There are 14 of us now. At the end of the class, Pete shared how he feels that God has changed his thoughts and values in the past few months. Pete was raised in the Catholic Church and eventually quit going to church as an adult. He came back to God at the age of 60 after attending New Beginnings Church. He is now 63 years old. I was encouraged to know that it is never too late, and that God can change hearts at any age. I can't give up on people I care about!

No comments: