Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Poem by me

I woke up this morning with the words of a poem going around in my head. I have written three verses, and maybe I will be inspired to write another verse soon. This is a Christmas poem for those I love who don't live near. If you have a verse to add, send it to me.

My heart doesn't know inches or miles,
It doesn't know distance,
Only your smile.

My heart doesn't know minutes or hours,
It doesn't know time,
Only love's powers.

My heart doesn't know silver or gold,
It doesn't know wealth,
Only hugs that enfold.

My heart doesn't know lots of stuff,
It doesn't know reason,
Only faith - that's enough. (I just thought of this verse while typing. Smile!)

1 comment:

Pastor Galen said...

Check out my blog for some added verses to your poem. You got my creative juices started, so I had to write them down. _Galen