Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Midweek Madness

Monday evening, the New Beginnings Choir sang for the Unity Hospital Lighting Ceremony as planned. Bill and I drove our cars there directly from school. I was in awe because I didn't expect so many people. There were at least 200 spectators! The hospital overhang made the perfect shell and many people said that they thought we were a CD until they saw us singing. It was a beautiful night ---a full moon, no rain and no wind. We were also surprised to see a new nativity that had been donated. I'm just waiting for some group to rule against it. Our freedoms seem to be eroding gradually.

Yesterday morning (Tuesday), I was reminded that our best precautions are not enough to keep us safe. As I approached the MacArthur intersection to go to SGU, I saw an accident that had just happened. A flatbed truck had lost one of its haybales. It hit the hood of a compact car and rolled off. The front end of the car completely smashed. Fortunately, the people were unscathed. When Bill arrived at the college he was a little shaken. He said he realized that I had just missed being hit.

Speaking of driving, one of my students is learning to drive. That took me by surprise because women don't drive in her country. I was so proud of her!

I finished teaching, "Cinderella Man" today. The movie was a bit different from the book. My students were so touched by the story that I could hear many of them sniffling. Tomorrow is day test and I have to do grades.

I'm trying to get so much done because Friday will be just a little too much fun! At noon the teachers plan to go to Red Lobster. I love shrimp, scallops and lobster!!! That evening is the choir party and practice at our house. As Ian always says, "Life is beautiful!".

No comments: