Thursday, December 17, 2009

Late Mail

Today, I received another sweet Christmas card. It was mailed on December 10th. It took a week to travel interstate! Yesterday, after Bill took the trash bin to the curb for pick-up, he decided to look in our mailbox. (We generally don't look in there because all of our mail is delivered to the post office for security reasons.) He found an invitation addressed to me from our neighbor across the street. She had a Mary Kay party in November! When the neighbors moved in, I baked some cookies and tried to be friendly. They had not recipricated, so I stayed to myself. I felt so bad when I realized that she had reached out and I didn't respond! I called her yesterday and apologized profusely. She brought me a catalogue today. I don't need a thing, but I will buy something to encourage her friendship.

Bill was looking through his Christmas music for trumpet when he came across a song that I wrote while living in St. Vincent. The island was created by erupting volcanos, thus the green mountains, black beaches, and aqua water. The music has a calypso beat and was sung with guitars and drums. I can still see the children smiling and swaying to the music while they sang!

"Because It's Christmas Morn"

Sing it out in the islands, dance and clap your hands,
The time is here to celebrate, there's joy in all the land!

Because it's Christmas morn, because it's Christmas morn, because it's Christmas morn,
The day Christ Jesus was born.

Shout it out from the mountains, smile and light the tree,
The time is here to share the love God sent to you and me!

Because it's Christmas morn, because it's Christmas morn, because it's Christmas morn,
The day Christ Jesus was born.

No comments: