Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Fun Day

I'm going to get my hair styled in a few minutes, but decided to blog before I go. I taught my classes this morning and, as usual, learned as much as my students! My Brazilian young man told me about his father's ranch. He has 100 sheep, and 400 head of cattle. The older men herd while riding horses, but the younger ones ride their motorcycles. That sounds like fun! During our conversation, I mentioned that we have two sheepskins that we bought in New Zealand, and I would love to buy one of the black sheepskins that he talked about. His family puts them on the floor next to their beds.

I did a little more Christmas shopping. On Sunday, we took names of children who are fed daily at the Shawnee Mission. I bought a big blue ball, some trucks and some Mickey Mouse socks for one little boy. I also bought Bill a few gifts. He's very difficult to buy for because he buys everything he really wants during the year. Then, he says, "Surprise me!" I'm really excited about some of the gifts I bought for the grandkids, but I'll have to mention them later because my girls don't want to know yet, and they read this blog.

I was thinking about some of the gifts that I have received through the years that are cherished memories.....a doll that walks, a clock radio, an overnight case with red satin lining, a jewelry box with drawers and music, a gold chain with pearlsand diamonds alternated. Of course, the most important thing was the love and thought that went into each gift......not the cost!

1 comment:

Pastor Galen said...

Marti, ask the Brazilian student to describe how sheep act, and what it entails to take care of them. I am thinking of Psalm 23, naturally.