Sunday, April 25, 2010

Fantastic Sunday!

Today was the 10th anniversary of New Beginnings Church. At least 300 people celebrated together. There was no Bible Study Class. Everyone met in the auditorium for a service with 3 phases - Past, Present and Future. Mom and Shirley walked in for the 3rd phase. I had told them that our 9 piece orchestra was going to play the offertory. The most touching part of the service for me was listening to individual testimonies. Most of the people who attend our church have been Christians for only a few years. Every week we baptize adults! One man said that he had lived for the devil for 57 years before giving his life to Christ. I was surprised because he is radiant Christian! I bet his family and friends are glad they never gave up on him. After the service, we had the biggest spread of food I've seen! Without exaggeration, I think there were at least 30 different desserts. Half of my chocolate cake was left, so we ladies started sharing with each other. Now my cake plate is filled with peach cobbler, lemon pie, and banana cake.

Saturday morning was beautiful. We had a gentle rain through the night, so I decided to do some gardening. I drove to the Tecumseh nursery to get a new rose bush. They wanted $35, so I drove away. I decided to go to Ace's, but changed my mind when I saw that the McLoud Volunteer Fire Department had set up a fund raising nursery on Harrison. I got the prettiest red rose bush for $23. I plan to go back on Monday if they are still there.

Bill felt restless, and wanted to drive to Asher on Saturday afternoon. He had been reading the book, "The Innocent Man" by John Grisham. The story takes place in Oklahoma, and tells about the Asher High School Baseball teamwho won 45 State Championships. When we drove by, the students were still out playing baseball! While in Asher, we also ate at Odell's Farm Restaurant. They are known for their ribs and chicken.

Bill has started teaching another class on-line for Grand Canyon University. It is The Christian World View. So far, he's enjoying reading the textbook and is learning a lot. He thinks it may be a required class. I have come to realize that people can't know God until they want to know Him. God is not pushy. The Bible says that God will not always strive with man. He will stand at the door and knock for a very long time -----and then He will walk away if that door is not answered. I really believe that a person who is a true child of God cannot walk in the ways of the world forever. He or she will feel God tugging at their heart and will come back to him.

No comments: