Thursday, April 22, 2010

Storm Coming/Judas Question

Blue skies have turned to grey this afternoon. We are expecting severe weather tonight and tomorrow. Rain, hail and tornados have been pounding Texas. So, if I don't blog for awhile, it may be due to loss of power. I hope not!

I have been reading and thinking about the question that has been asked concerning Judas' death. One account in the Bible says that he hanged himself. Another says that his body was thrown in a field and it exploded. As a teacher, I have always encouraged my students to think in a variety of ways. (To be free thinkers and to not get boxed in by words.) Not being a theologian, or a student of Hebrew, I thought of at least one possibility. Judas could have hung himself, and then someone threw his body onto the field. Or, his body could have become to heavy for the hanging device and it dropped. I could imagine that happening in that time and place. However, the most important part of the story is that Judas was sorry for betraying Jesus.

Today, my teacher friend, Dolores, came in and was excited to tell me some good news. She had been looking for a psychologist to test her Autistic daughter within the month in order to attend the new workcenter for mentally challenged people. Our prayer was answered! Dolores cocked her head and said, "I often try to do things by myself, and get it done. But---it goes so much smoother when we pray!" I couldn't have said it better myself!

No comments: