Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday, April 11th

Friday, I rushed home from school to prepare for company. The violin trio had planned to practice at our house for Sunday's performance. What I didn't realize was that the spouses and a granddaughter planned to come and listen. I got calls that they were bringing food and were making a party of it. Great!! I made fresh strawberry pie and bought tacos at Taco Mayo for 8 people. It was actually lots of fun! Chuck Edwards told us about his Cloud 9 Tours chasing storms. He will be hosting a group of 50 from Australia next month. Chuck is the man who grew up in Columbia where his father was a surgeon, and he isn't afraid of anything. Pete is 63 years old and has just gone back to work full-time at Tinker as a jet machanic. He said he got bored and found out that he wasn't ready for retirement.

Saturday morning, I planted tomatoes and a few more flowers. I moved my shephard's crook to a sunnier spot this spring and dumped on more Miracle Grow soil. After cleaning up my mess, I asked God to bless my efforts. I'm still learning how to be a "farm girl". Saturday afternoon, Bill and I took a drive to Seminole. It's a two-lane country road and the Red Bud trees are just beautiful this year! Once in Seminole, we ate at the Western Sizzlin. They had raspberry cobbler in the buffet which I couldn't resist. I kept seeing my doctor's face, and made an effort not to eat more than I should. After lunch, we went to Wal-Mart. I found a musical toy to take to Shelly Greenwalt's baby shower next Saturday. Yep! Galen is going to be grandpa again!

This morning, I had 16 in Bible Study class. The lesson was about not feeling qualified to serve in the church, or to influence others. None of us are qualified! It is only through Christ and having His spirit that we can do anything well. I shared with the class that Pete, Chuck and I felt "scared to death" to play our violins in church. Only by the grace of God, and His power did we dare try. God did surround us with his angels this morning, and we played the best that we ever had!!! Bill had arranged a medley of "For the Beauty of the Earth" and "Morning Has Broken". Sue Kannady accompanied us on the piano. Dania, our friend from Peru surprised us in church this morning with her new husband. She brought her parents and two sisters who have just enrolled at OBU. After church, we went to Delta Cafe and met 9 other people from church. They have the best grilled shrimp there. I'm so glad the weather has turned warmer so that we can nap on the patio.

No comments: