Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thursday, April 8

I just got home from the optometrist. I passed a field vision test. The doctor had seen something at my yearly check-up that looked like the beginning of glaucoma. It's genetic, but no one in my family has had it that I know of. It was a 15 minute test for each eye, and it was difficult for me to concentrate for that long.

Speaking of concentrating, my students have to change activities often. This morning I tried something new. I had taught my verbal skills class to sing a song using present past tense. They did it so well that I had them to sing it as a round. It was beautiful!

We have another new student from China who is 20 years old. I took him on a tour of St. Gregory's campus this morning. He obediently took his notebook and pencil and wrote down all of the new vocabulary he was given. I learned that the Cyber Cafe is using a student/faculty ID card that is loaded with $50. That's convenient!

Keri called. She has a healthy son who will probably be born earlier than expected. Sofia and Selah were both nearly a month early. I have my airline ticket and am ready to have it changed. Kevin got a phone call from his brother last week that was very exciting! His brother, Paul, said that "he was tired of running from God." Keri and Kevin drove to Michigan from Chicago to talk with him about his decision. Paul had lost his job as an electrician. After Paul made his decision to turn back to God, he got a phone call from his company saying they needed him back! God never forces Himself on anyone who doesn't want His help. However, He is always standing close by and ready to help if we cry out to Him.

Mom asked me to come over and get some tomato plants yesterday. I have already planted some red geraniums and some zenias in my patio barrels. I was afraid that we would have frost last night, and I asked God to spare my pretty flowers. He DID! Keri asked me to post my pictures, so I will really try to do that soon. I took some pics of the Red Bud trees. A big Thank You to those of you who sent Easter greetings last week! Love you, too!

No comments: