Monday, April 5, 2010

A Wonderful Easter!

Easter Sunday was picture perfect! It was warm and sunny with a high of 80 degrees. David and Suzanne Brown taught my Bible Study class while the choir warmed up for the worship service. Our sanctuary holds 300, and it was nearly full. Mom said that she and Shirley had a hard time finding a parking place. That was a great problem! I played the piano for the congregational singing and the offertory. Bill directed the choir musical with an orchestral CD, which enabled me to sing alto. The church bought a new sound system last year which is fantastic. We have monitors that help us listen to ourselves. After the service, a man introduced himself to Bill and said that he has two recording studios in Ada. He was very touched by the confidence and spirit of our choir, and wants us to record. He also has another group that he wants Bill to conduct. Later, we were told that the man use to be a famous DJ in Shawnee. We have never heard of him, so it will be interesting to see what the future holds.

Mom, Shirley, Choi and Alex joined us for a smoked ham dinner at our house after church. I had made potatoe salad, a vegetable platter and pies on Saturday. (Bill mowed the lawns and washed down the patio furniture.) I just warmed up the corn and baked beans while the rolls were browning when I got home. It was so beautiful that we ate on the screened patio. Alex surprised us with a big Easter cake, and Choi played the piano for us. After dinner, I gave the students boiled eggs and they dyed and decorated them. They had so much fun! I took pictures which I'll post. Easter is a day to celebrate and rejoice! We did just that!

Easter morning, I heard a story about C.S. Lewis which touched me. He was an atheist for many years. After his wife, Joy, died of cancer, Lewis almost lost his faith. He shared that he had been so caught up in trying to tell God what to do, that he nearly missed seeing what God WAS doing. Sometimes our expectations don't match what God has planned for me. In reality, God loves me much more than I love myself. When I humble myself and realize that I don't know everything, I put myself in a position to receive God's blessings that are unimaginable. Sometimes I wonder how many good things I miss because I don't have faith to receive them?????

No comments: