Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tuesday--Family Matters and Events

I began writing this blog yesterday. However, my neighbor, Tiffany, came to sell me more Mary Kay products. As I had written earlier, I began wearing a touch of bronze eye liner just a few months ago. One day, I didn't wear it and several students told me I looked tired! I guess I should continue the liner.

Last Sunday was very good! There were 16 in Bible Study, including the two OBU students from Peru. The lesson concerned being aware of our motivation for whatever we do. Are we selfish and want to please ourselves, or are we trying to please other people, or --does God have a place in our goals???

After the worship service, we had orchestra practice for next Sunday. It is our church's 10th anniversary. I'm starting to feel confident on my violin again, and am starting to enjoy playing. Our next piece is, "I Need Thee Every Hour".

Sunday evening, the phone rang. It was David. All of us are excited because he has a paper in hand that says he will be released on Saturday, June 5th. Noel and I plan to drive to Big Spring on the 4th. At this point, we are not sure if we will bring him to Shawnee to meet Galen and Roger. Or, if they will meet us in Big Spring for the drive to California. Mom is beside herself with excitement!

I looked at Keri's blog to see the pictures of her baby shower. Very nice! I can't wait to hold my grandson in those cute clothes.

Kirk will be taking several churches in Southern California to Haiti in May. They plan to re-build the orphanage and take flats of food and clothing. He is also meeting with the Cal Baptist students who will be going with him and Tamra to the Philippines in June.

Kelli will be covering the Southern Baptist Convention in Orlando, Florida in June. She has done this for several years now. Her job is to write by-lines for the photographers. That means she has to attend the sessions and know who people are and what they said! Our church is non-denominational, so Kelli keeps us in the "loop".

Our school had a faculty meeting during lunch today. Our director asked me to explain my student grading sheet for speeches and presentations. God always prepares us for what He wants us to do. I had a flashback to participating in a speech contest in my senior year of high school. When I won, I had no idea that I would be coaching national speech contestants in Japan. And, now, I'm teaching a Verbal Skills class in Shawnee. I love it!

No comments: