Tuesday, April 13, 2010

On the Road Again!

Bill and I will be leaving tomorrow to attend a TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language) Conference in Oklahoma City. We will be staying at the Colcord Hotel. I looked it up on-line and was glad to note that it's 4 Star, next to BrickTown. We will return with our faculty on Friday evening after dinner. If needed, I will have my cell phone with me, and will check it often. Our school has changed its name to The Language Company - Shawnee. There are nine schools affiliated with that company in several states, including Orlando, Florida and Boston, Mass. Those schools will be joining us for this event.

Yesterday, Noel called me as he was driving home from his fitness work-out. He had a very bad heart spell last week but is feeling better now. Noel has always been good at fixing stuff and working with his hands. He gives me advice on how to grow my tomatoes, and I listen! I'm hoping that Bill and I can visit him soon and go to Silver Dollar City. I about froze my bottom off last time we went in December!!!

After I talked to Noel, the phone rang again. It was Galen! He had hosted Dr. Ellis, the president of California Baptist University last week. Dr. Ellis had been to Yokohama, Japan and had visited our church, Yokohama International Baptist. It's a small world! Galen and Sondra will be in Oklahoma in June to hold Jason and Shelly's new baby.

God is so good! Last week, I noticed that there was no light on our central air system thermostat. There was no power at all! DanRan came out to check it. Vibration of a side panal had hit a button that shut down the system. Pushing a re-set button turned the entire system back on! I didn't want the service call to be wasted, so I had the AC checked and now it's ready for summer. I was one happy camper!

No comments: