Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wednesday, April 28th

I can't believe that it is almost May. Please don't send any snail mail for the next month because I plan to be in Chicago sometime soon. Save my Mother's Day cards.

Monday evening, Ian and Phyllis came over for dinner with her mother. They had just returned from Dallas. Bill grilled pork chops on the patio, but we ate inside because it was a bit windy. Gliori's Restaurant is doing well! Ian greets every customer at their table and gets to know them. In the course of our conversation, Ian said, "I put up with driver road rage by remembering that they are spiritually dead. Then, I can understand their inconsiderate behavior. Ian is right! It's very hard to get mad at dead people.

Laura Bush has just written a book. The New York Times wrote a review on-line. Laura writes about the "hell" she went through since killing a classmate in a car accident. She describes how she turned from God because she didn't want him to die. Then, she writes about her way back to God.

We have begun a new session at school. I have been given 4 classes, and teach from 10 to 3. I protested, but was told that I was really needed to teach some new students fresh off of the boat. (Having taught first grade, my boss thinks I can do anything.) I was also told that they have 2 subs lined up to take my place when Keri has her baby. O------kay! Yesterday, I taught my new students "Hokey Pokey" and they laughed and laughed. They really love the music.

No comments: