Friday, April 30, 2010

It's Friday!

I love Friday because we can teach in our jeans! I just finished reading blogs. Be sure to look at Keri's blog if you want to see the most beautiful garden. Galen, congratulations! Your boss knows leadership when he sees it! However, the most important thing is that you are changing lives. Last Sunday, one of the ladies in our church stood up and talked about her experience as a new Christian. We all laughed when she said, "Jesus told me to hang on to him tightly, because He was going to take me for a ride. What an exciting ride it has been!" Danny, I hope that your MRI is fine. Steve, I know that you had trouble with your computer for awhile. What is your blog address now? Noel didn't think it had changed, but it bounced back on me.


This week we learned that our friend, Dr. Mike Taylor, has prostate cancer. Mike is my age, and that always makes me realize how unpredictable life can be. Mike teaches an adult class in the church auditorium, plays the electric guitar, and sings in our choir. Mike knows God very well and has complete peace.

Tonight, we are going to the OBU Jazz Concert at the old Ritz Theater. Mom doesn't want to go because "they might have drums". Smile!

I had better get to school now. My students are so funny! Yesterday, a fellow in his twenties was introducing me to another student. He said, "Marti Teacher is not VERY good teacher. She is one thousand good teacher!" Those are the things that keep me teaching! I pray everyday as I drive to class that God will cover my classes. I have a power in me that no one can see.

1 comment:

STEVEN said...

I hope you made it over to my blog alright. travellerspostcards.blogspot.com Kind of a long one. Maybe I should make a change someday.