Saturday, July 24, 2010

Family Concerns

Noel had an angiogram yesterday morning at St. John's in Springfield, Mo. Janice called me just as I was leaving school in the afternoon to let me know that he had no blockages. However, he had one of his spells when his heart beats uncontrollably while he was in the hospital. It's an electrical problem that hasn't been solved with a pace maker. In spite of his discomfort, Noel continues to be one of the sweetest people on the face of the earth!! His faith in God is deep.

Rashes seem to be in the air this summer. Mom had some on her forearms when she came back from California. The doctor didn't know what it was, but gave her some ointment. Kelli called and reported that she had some rashes that her doctor labeled as "heat rash" in spite of her being in an air-conditioned building all day. Sometimes rashes exhibit suppressed stress. Kelli said that she had been evaluated this week. Apparently, she didn't need to worry because her written report said that she was one of the top ten nicest people at Cornerstone University. Considering there are more than 200 people on the faculty and staff, that is a high compliment!!

I have been listening to classic country music this week on the radio and am getting a kick out of it! I really want a copy of the song about the squirrel that went bizerk in the First Baptist Church in Tuscaloosa, Mississippi. I don't know if that is a real place or not. But, it is hilarious! I died laughing all the way to school one morning!

Last night, I asked Bill if he would like to go to the movies. We went to the Hornbeck and saw, "The A-Team". That is funny! I loved the TV show, and wasn't disappointed!

It was time for both of our cars to have their 6 month check-up, so I followed Bill to the Toyota dealer in Norman. Again, my Camry was in perfect shape and there was no charge. The Corolla needed the tires rotated. The new showroom looks like a hotel lobby and a lady brought little cups of candies. They offered coffee, but we had Dr. Pepper while watching the news on TV. When the cars were finished, we did our usual----headed for Marie Callendar's. We got the Cabo burger with salsa and avocao that comes with pie. I may have mentioned that it is a California chain restaurant that began near Riverside. We don't have one in Shawnee yet.

No comments: