Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4th Weekend

This was a weekend to reflect on the freedom that we enjoy. My brother, David, emailed me this weekend on his new computer. My first thought was, "Wow! What freedom! David can call me and email me without a guard looking over his shoulder, or approving everything he writes or says!" Our choir sang about the freedom we have in Christ. How our chains are broken. Some people are not in a physical prison, but they exist in a mental and emotional prison.

Saturday morning was a major accomplishment! I talked Bill into going through his clothes and finding items to take to Salvation Army. I'm trying to ready the guestroom for Chinami who is suppose to arrive the day after we return from Michigan in August.

Saturday evening, I picked Mom up for a steak barbeque as planned. She loved it. We have had thunderstorms which are suppose to continue through the week. That didn't stop our barbeque, but it did stop a lot of fireworks.

Saturday night, I began to feel dizzy. Unlike Bill, who gets dizzy from allergies, my problem is humidity in my right ear. I began to pray. I knew that the choir could do just fine without me, but we had asked a Muslim couple to go to church with us and out to dinner. Sunday morning, I loaded up on Sudefed and went to church. I felt fine during the choir special and was even able to take Alaham and Mohammed out to Golden Corral. When we got home, I sunk into our Lazy Boy sofa and put my feet up. I fell asleep almost immediately. I felt better last night, but Bill is going to drive me to Ada this morning to have a doctor look at my ear. Carl Albert Hospital is a nice Indian facility that I can go to anytime without charge and without an appointment for emergencies. Otherwise, I see my personal doctor here. Fortunately, today is a holiday and we don't have school. It's a beautiful drive to Ada. I'll enjoy it!

No comments: