Thursday, July 1, 2010

Yellow Roses

The night was cool and we could open windows. This morning I went outside to feel the fresh air and found that my yellow rose bush had begun to bloom once again. I checked the red rose bush, and saw three more tiny buds. I'm not an accomplished gardner, so I thank God when anything thrives!

Before this session began, I was asked to teach only 2 classes so that the lead teacher's daughter could have some classes this summer. She had to get my permission to do it. I said "sure" because I thought I could use the time off. Well......Monday and Wednesday I was asked to teach in the afternoon, and Tuesday, I was asked to cover the office while our director went to a State meeting. I'm hoping that nothing will come up today so I can have the afternoon off!

Last night, Bill grilled pork chops while I steamed zuchinni with onions and fresh tomatoes. Jean, who has been like a second mother to me, taught me that dish. I get tired of going out to dinner because I enjoy cooking so much! I noticed that Kirk can cook just about as well as his sisters. He's a gourmet cook when it comes to Mexican food, and he's an artist when he carves a turkey! Eating is fun, too!

No comments: