Friday, July 9, 2010

Stormy Friday

I'm sorry that some people are experiencing flooding, but I love the rain! As I've said before, I grew up in Southern California where it seldom rains in the summer. I have fond memories of being at Glorieta in the summers, and either walking with an umbrella in hand, or sitting in New Mexico Hall watching a downpour. I really love living in the midwest and experience the changing seasons.

Yesterday, I went back to class for the first time all week. (I took some allergy meds that I had in the medicine cabinet, and never touched what I was given by the doctor again. It must be drying my ear without knocking me out completely) The students and teachers were so caring. Two young men came up to me in the hallway and said, "Teacher, now that you are well, we are fine too!" I was thinking, " You guys sure know how to flatter, and I love it!"

After class, I got new tags for the '10 Camry. We bought it one year ago. It has been driven to Michigan, Missouri and Texas without any problem at all. After getting tags, I drove to Mom's apartment to visit with my nephew, Steve and his boys for awhile. He was on vacation from truck driving, and chose to come to Shawnee from Springfield via Route 66. I enjoy reading Steve's blogs and have learned so much. Steve and I took some pictures on his phone which he plans to post. Take a look! His boys, Hunter and Forest are cuties!

No comments: