Friday, July 30, 2010

Red Hot Days/Brothers/Michigan/Sandra

The summer is red hot and sizzling in Oklahoma. The next few days are suppose to be 100 degrees and up! We will escape some of the heat since we are traveling north to Michigan for two weeks. Yes, we have security on our house, as do our neighbors. Yesterday, I finished my grades and wrote notes to my subs. My students were concerned that the subs would not speak slowly and clearly. Sometimes Okie accents are hard for internationals to understand. (Although I love the Southern drawl.)

This has been a difficult summer. Yesterday, I learned that my friend, Sandra Bradley who is our director of admissions, lost her father suddenly from a heart attack. He was in his mid-sixties. I cried with her as I thought about the time I lost my father.

I enjoyed reading my brother, Roger's note. He had taken my brother, David, on a camping trip to Big Bear Mountain - just the two of them. He also reported that his daughter, Jennifer, is having a great summer in Japan! She went with a team from Cal Baptist University.

Galen is having some surgery done on his toe. Wow! Did that give me a flashback from long ago! When Galen had his first surgery on that foot, we were both students at CBU and he stayed in my apartment for several days so that I could wait on him. Our lives are like chaff in the wind. Time is blowing away the bad and only the good will be left - if there is any.

I will be checking emails and blogs from time to time. Please hold the snail mail, and call me on my cell phone.

No comments: