Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Voting and Stuff

The last couple of days has been a whirlwind for me. Yesterday, I went to the dentist for my regularly scheduled cleaning and check-up. The hygienist is a real character! She talked to me the entire time she was cleaning my teeth and told me about every member of her family. I couldn't respond, so I just made little noises now and then. After I left the clinic, I drove to the Shawnee tag agency and bought a Pike Pass for our trip. We plan to stop in Springfield and spend the night with Noel and Janice on Friday. I hesitated since Noel hasn't been feeling chipper, but he insisted, and sounded like he was looking forward to our visit. After picking up the Pike Pass, I came home and cooked pork chops and squash from Mom's garden for dinner. I added some baked potatoes. By seven o'clock it had cooled down outside, so I went to the grocery store. It was so quiet! I really didn't buy too much, so I didn't need help to the car. However, the bagboy insisted because he was bored and wanted to get some fresh air.

This morning, I went to City Hall and voted in the primaries. It was difficult in some cases because there were several good choices. I voted for Shane Jett for Congress because he was the director of our school before becoming State Representative. Shane and Mary Fallin, who is running for Governor, are both from Tecumseh!

My classes were great today! After explaining count and non-count nouns, I asked one the young men to come to the board and teach it again. He didn't miss a beat! In fact, he told the students to "wake up" and answer his questions. I NEVER say that, so it made me laugh. In my afternoon class, I have a new boy from Ecuador. I don't know if he is listening half the time because he has his eyes on the Ecuadorian girl who came last week. Young love is so wonderful!

No comments: