Thursday, September 9, 2010

Graduation

Yesterday, our school gave early final exams and had graduation so that our Saudi population could go to the mosque today. I am soooo glad that Ramadan is finished!! Maybe my students will be able to stay awake and not be thinking about their stomachs growling. One of the young men asked me how my God tests Christians since we have not been asked to fast during daylight hours. I told him that my God has already tested me and knows that I have a heart that is not good. There's no doubt about it that I do something wrong everyday. I'm so glad that Jesus covered my bad heart with His blood so that God can't see it. My student was fascinated! Perhaps it's because he plans to drive to OKC tonight and find a disco club with his friends.

During graduation in the afternoon, Chinami gave a beautiful speech and took time out half way through to cry. I noticed that several of the young men had tears also and told her that they were going to miss her. She has a special friendship with Jin, a Korean student who is just out of the military. He asked me today if he can take her to lunch tomorrow.

One of the funnies this week was when a teacher told her class that St. Gregory's is a tobacco free campus. A student looked at her and asked, "Where can you get tobacco free at this college?"

No comments: