Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Keri, Happy Birthday!

Today is Keri's birthday. She was a very special baby because she was the first grandchild on both sides, and she was the first baby girl in the family since I was born. Besides that, 8 boys had been born in the hospital before her on that Sunday. The nurses were cheering! Keri, you are still special. You are the "go to" lady when people need something organized. Cal Baptist still flies you from Chicago to California when they need help with their special project teams. You are gifted, and you have never forgotten that God gave you your abilities. That keeps you sweet and humble.

I was reminded yesterday of how God takes care of the smallest details of my life. I showed my doctor a "bug bite" next to my left eye. He told me it would go away soon. Four months later, I showed him my "bug bite" which had increased in size. He shrugged and said, "The longer you're in the water, the more barnacles you get." I wasn't pleased! I went home and started putting Clearasil on it everyday to hide the pink color and prayed. Guess what? This week, that "bug bite" is completely gone. I keep touching it to make sure it hasn't come back.

Two years ago, I bought some sweat pants with a matching shirt at JCPenney. They were such a pretty blue and so soft that I asked Bill to get me some more last Christmas. The store was completely out, and I couldn't find any online. Yesterday, I went shopping and as is my practice, I prayed. I found a chocolate brown pantsuit that actually fits me for half price at Dillard's, and then I wondered around JCPenney. Yes! They had my sweats back in stock and they were half price!!! I didn't hesitate. I bought two sets! The ice storms can come. I'm ready!

No comments: