Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thursday Again

Working full-time and being a Mom is a lot of work at my age! Tuesday, Bill took Chinami to the hospital after classes for a tour with Pastor Larry. Since she will be attending medical school soon, she found it very interesting. Unity Hospital is one of the top regional hospitals in Oklahoma. New technology has been installed in every room. I didn't take the tour because I was having my hair cut. We all met for a hamburger at 5:30 p.m. before I rushed Chinami to OBU for "Friend to Friend". It began raining, so Bill and I drove together to pick her up at 9:00 p.m. She absolutely loved meeting other college students, playing games and eating snacks.

Wednesday, the school took the students to the mall. Chinami bought medical books on anatomy and children's diseases. Her sister is already studying to be a doctor, so she plans to share them.

We will be going to Springfield and Silver Dollar City for the holiday weekend. Mom is going with us and will stay with Noel and Janice due to warm weather. We plan to stay at the Ramada Inn. Noel said he will have a nice lunch for us when we arrive on Saturday. He's a great cook, but I hope he just brings in Chinese or something simple.

We just learned at our faculty meeting yesterday that our next OKTESOL conference will be in Tulsa at the Ramada/Park Inn near the airport. We've always gone to OKC in the past. That will be in November.

My classes continue to be very interesting!!! All of my students are in their twenties, but you would never know it! They write me love notes on the white board, and want me to draw smiley faces or stars on their work. Sometimes, I feel like I'm teaching first grade again.

The school hired a new teacher today. She was a high school student at Rift Valley Academy in Kenya. It was strange to be talking about all the people we both knew in Kenya. Rosslyn Academy often held conferences at Rift Valley Academy so it is very familiar to me. Africa is a very beautiful country in spite of the poverty. Speaking of poverty, Kirk had another great visit to Haiti and is working with the President's lawyer to get a license for the new orphanage. I'm very proud of the work he is doing.

1 comment:

Pastor Galen said...

Make sure you spell Thusday correctly in your title...ha ha.