Saturday, September 25, 2010

Memories

My mother made each of her 7 children a memory book from the time we were born until we were adults. She saved everything! There are recital programs, newspaper articles of our achievements and pictures of everyone in my life - including boys who hung around me that I didn't much care for. I also found report cards for my own children that I had sent her from St. Vincent. Keri and Kelli, you did very well! You were in a British private school (St. Joseph's) and ranked 3rd and 4th over all in your classes. Guess what? Your best grades were in English, vocabulary and spelling. Kirk, I found a valentine that you made for "mummy". Very British and sweet!

Speaking of memories, Bill and I saw the funniest movie this afternoon. "It's You Again" The plot is about women who were jealous of each other in high school. Often the "loser" turns out to be the winner. It also points out how some women never grow up and get over being jealous. You know a bunch of senior citizens were at the theater because we all stayed to listen to the closing song. Darrell Oates and John Hall sang, "Your kiss, your kiss is on my lips; Your kiss, your kiss is what I miss"

No comments: