Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Taking Care of Myself

After posting a few pictures recently, I realized that I have to start taking care of myself before the holidays arrive. Yesterday, Bill met me at the pool after classes to swim a few laps. It felt so good! Lance, our trainer, was happy to see us back. (He has begun taking courses to get his RN degree.) Of course, when I got to school this morning, a teacher had brought in a freshly baked strawberry cake. It was difficult, but I refused to touch it.

The holidays really are almost here! Yesterday, when I went to check the mail, there was a package. It was the church choir Christmas music. However, we have lots of birthdays to celebrate before then. Selah Brooke just turned 3 years old. She called me to say thank you for her gift. I had so much fun buying an ice blue sweat suit with a hood to match her eyes!

Classes are going much better this session than last! Verbal Skills is very interesting at times. My students cannot pronounce "beach". I spent some time explaining what they don't want to say! Also, one of the boys kept saying a word that begins with "sh" everytime he made a mistake in his workbook. I had to stop and explain that word and asked him to say, "Oh No!" instead. I know he will continue to use the word he wants in private, but at least he can use his manners in a public classroom. My class is never boring!!

I have been praying for some special things to happen for a long time. I have just begun to realize that God can't answer my prayers until other people believe with me. Without faith, God can't do anything for us.

No comments: