Thursday, June 25, 2009

Adventurous Family!

Kelli just called me. She is on the road to Oklahoma from Grand Rapids, Michigan with Hannah and Caleb. She flew in from Louisville, Ky. this morning after covering the SBC Convention. This is her first time to drive so far by herself. I remember when Keri drove from Utah to Texas when she was 18 years old! I guess it runs in the family.

Bill is flying through the night from Sao Paulo, Brazil to Atlanta. The team will arrive in OKC at 10:30 a.m. We got an email from the resident missionary that they had gone where no Christians had been before. After docking and setting up a clinic, other boats began arriving with families who needed care. We heard testimonies via email from men who knew there was a God but didn't know how much He cared about them. They received the message gladly! It was reconfirmed that the hunger to know God and worship is born in the hearts of all people. I have traveled on 6 continents, as well as the Caribbean, Philippine and Fiji Islands. Every place I have visited the people had created some form of worship. God knows our motives, and also our ignorance. He will judge us accordingly. I don't tell people about Christ to get them to heaven primarily--I tell them so that they can enjoy the exciting life that I have had! I have seen the inside of a Massai hut in Africa, and I have been pampered in several 5 star resorts. God is sooo good!!!

No comments: