Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Week Thus Far

SEI began a new session. I started the week teaching 4 classes a day - 2 grammar and 2 reading and writing. However, another student from Taiwan arrived who tested into a level by himself. That meant we had to adjust the schedule! I'm now teaching a 5th class - verbal skills. The boy from Beijing is in my verbal skills class. He did a presentation on how China has changed over the last 20 years. Not only did he talk about how the standard of living has become luxurious, but how the color of clothing has changed. People use to wear only BLACK.

I have been cleaning the house and getting ready for this weekend. Not only is Bill coming home on Friday, June 26th, from Brazil, but Kelli will be arriving with Hannah and Caleb. This afternoon I stopped by FireLake Designs and picked up the new T-Shirts that our family will be wearing in the Grand Entry Dance on Saturday night. In this heat, none of us will be dancing very long!

My student, Fahhad, returned from Saudi Arabia just in time to celebrate his 18th birthday. He brought me a long silk dress that is just beautiful! I had forgotten that today was Fahhad's B-day, so I took the 3 boys in my class to Braum's for ice cream. They all ordered in English.

I really like Mexican food, especially in the summer. I think I'll get a taco salad tonight at Taco Mayo. It's a few blocks from my house. I don't enjoy cooking just for myself!

No comments: