Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

So much has happened in the last 5 days! Saturday, Bill and I took my mother to the mall to see the movie, "Night at the Museum, Battle of the Smithsonian". Mom and Dad had visited Washington DC, and Mom loved the humor! Afterward, we ate at Braum's and bought ice cream to bring home.

Sunday, was overwhelming! Two new couples joined our Bible Study class, and I found myself teaching 16 people. Another couple joined the church during the morning service who plan to join our class. Next week, I will divide the members for discussion purposes, and then bring them back together for "wrap-up". The lesson this week centered on, "How do you know if you are really saved?" Several of us shared that we had been baptized the second time, because the scriptures had been in our heads, but not in our hearts. Therefore, we really had not asked Christ to come into our lives, and were NOT saved!"

After church, we had choir rehearsal for the next Independence Day presentation. Our new drummer is unbelievable. I was in awe when I learned that she has been playing for a year. She gives God the credit for giving her the gift.

After choir practice, the Brazil mission team packed. Bill had some extra space, and took boxes of dental equipment and supplies. One of the members had 100 pairs of flipflops, and 100 pairs of glasses. The team left on Monday morning for the airport and I taught Bill's morning classes at SEI.

At noon, my cell phone was ringing. The plane to Atlanta had been cancelled and the team would miss their connecting flight. The next flight would not leave until Wednesday!! Bill came home. Tuesday, he mowed the lawn again, washed the Camry for me, and washed sheets while I was teaching. When I came home, we went out to Mazzio's.

This morning, we met the group at the church again!! Bill called at 7 pm. The group had made it to Atlanta, and he had been bumped up to Business Class because we are Silver Elite with Delta.

Noel called. He had gotten a call from David. He is in Texas awaiting Parole. We continue to pray for Noel 's heart problems, and for David's release.

No comments: