Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday, June 5, 2009

I will be away from the computer for a few days. Bill and I will be leaving for Springfield afterschool today. I go prepared for whatever may happen. Noel called last night. He has been feeling really bad the past two weeks. His heart beats wildly in spite of his pacemaker being tweaked. We pray that the Mayo Clinic will know what to do. We joked that he shouldn't watch the news for the next 4 years. Anyway, I have talked him in to going with us to Silver Dollar City. We'll go to a show, eat out for his 56th birthday, and then drive back to his house. I think he trusts me to watch over him. He and Galen joke that I'm their "favorite" sister.

Well, it's off to class. I'm teaching advanced grammar this session. My students are learning to write active vs. passive sentences. Today, they will write passive progressive. Yesterday, I was teaching the difference between "I am interesting." and "I am interested." That seems to be a mistake of many foreign students. I also taught two of the boys the word, "flirt". They think that if they sweet talk me, their grades will go up. I have no idea how "flirt" is translated into Arabic, but the class just started rolling with laughter when they looked it up in their electronic dictionaries!

No comments: