Sunday, June 21, 2009

Galen is on my case. He told me to stop typing the date at the top of my blog. He also told me that he will make sure that I get my picture put on my blog when he comes next weekend. I know that I'm not photogenic, so I usually shy away from picture taking.

Saturday, I was planning to take a roadtrip, but it was so hot that I settled for taking Mom to Seminole and eating at The Catfish Round-Up. She got so excited when I asked her if she'd like to go! She loves the apple fritters that are served with every meal and of course, the gift shop!

Today is Father's Day. Although Dad graduated to heaven in 1995, he will always be with me in spirit. During the sermon, we were all asked to think of some things that would describe our Father. I immediately thought of coffee, cherry pie, golf, practical jokes, suits and ties, and sermons. He was the happiest and most gentle person I've ever known. Everyone who knew him could feel the love of Christ simply radiating from him. He would say, "I have no doubt that God is real. If I've been wrong, I wouldn't change my life because the faith journey has been so exciting!" Dad passed that faith and sense of adventure to his family. When we get together, the stories and the laughter seem to never end!

I divided my Bible Study class into 3 groups this morning for discussion. The lesson was from I John. How can we know the truth? The class decided as a whole that most of the world doesn't want to know the truth. Most of us really don't want to know if we are wrong - especially if we are in a circle of friends that make us feel appreciated. When I taught first grade there was a flag in the hallway. Written continuously in the white stripes were these words: What is popular is not always right. What is right is not always popular. We are living in a time when Christians must remember those words and stand up for what they have experienced to be truth.

After church, my good friend, Sherry, and I went out to China Buffet for dinner. I go there a lot to please our Asian friends. However, it was Sherry's first time to eat there and she loved it! Sherry has the most naturally beautiful voice! I told her that she is going to sing at my funeral and bless everyone!

No comments: