Sunday, August 9, 2009

ER with Mom

Yesterday, Bill and I saw the movie, "StarTrek". We stopped by to give Mom some spaghetti that I had made. I found her coughing with a high temperature. Since she is a diabetic, I began to worry and went back to her apartment about 6 p.m. She was disoriented, so I drove her to ER. They brought her blood pressure down and monitored her heart. After some lab work, they discovered that she has pneumonia and filled her with antibiotics. She was thinking straight once again, so they released her to me. She is resting comfortably at my house now. I had to call people to help me with the Bible class and piano since it is Sunday. I also have a sub at school for the next few days. Sunday is Mom's 86th birthday, and I am planning a party for her on Saturday evening. It's touch and go at the moment. My family is very supportive.

2 comments:

Pastor Galen said...

Thanks for taking care of mom right now. She needs your care and attention.

Dan Nerren said...

Tell your Mom I'm thinking about her and wish her the best.