Friday, August 14, 2009

Kaleidoscope of Life

I took Mom to see Dr. Smith this afternoon. He happens to be my doctor as well, and we both feel so blessed! The pneumonia is improving, but she still has a bad case of bronchitis. While waiting for the chest x-ray, my cousin Terry who is a nurse at the clinic, saw me and chatted for a while.

Tonight, Noel is coming to Shawnee for Mom's birthday weekend. Janice and Mark are coming with him. I had to cancel Mom's party with her Bible Study Class. A few of the ladies came to visit her earlier in the week, and they brought me vegies from their gardens. The phone rang constantly and I was about ready to hire a receptionist. Smile! Mom is a popular lady!!!

I went to school yesterday for a few hours to put final grades on the reports for the session. The director told me that I would be furloughed for one month while several of our students were on vacation. Bill called me from school today and said that all had changed. I am needed to come in from 1-3 p.m. next session and teach reading and writing. SEI understands that I may need a substitute if Mom's health requires me to be with her. She's still extremely weak and unsteady. Thank God for her housekeeper, Joy, who came in today!

I've got to get busy and make some potatoe salad and jello salad to go with the smoked ham I bought for Mom's birthday dinner. We are having a small family dinner at my house. I hope she can enjoy it just a little. We can't help but wonder how long God is going to let us have her on this earth. She is so full of faith and peace.

No comments: