Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What a refreshing morning! Before preparing breakfast, I usually open the French doors in the kitchen to allow fresh air in. I knew that we wouldn't be eating on the patio this morning because a cool breeze was blowing and the sky was dark. I ran outside and put smushy bananas around my roses just before it began to pour!

Yesterday was testing day at SEI, so I stayed home and puttered. I realized that I was exhausted from taking care of Mom. I'm so glad that she's improving! In the evening, Bill took me to see, "Imagine That" which brings out the child in all of us. Pure fun! We stopped at Braum's after the movie for chili and a DP freeze.

This morning, I will get Mom's meds, check her mail and then teach my reading/writing class this afternoon. SEI is such a nice diversion! The students and teachers are like family because they send me notes when I can't be there, and I feel excited when I can teach again. Our new director has commented that he is in awe of the positive atmosphere that surrounds our faculty. Perhaps it's because we are all confidant and secure. I continue to ask God to give me wisdom, patience and creativity in my classes. He has never let me down!!

No comments: