Saturday, August 22, 2009

Serendipities

My Dad said, "When nice things happen that you didn't plan, God has given you a serendipity."

Yesterday, I had my own doctor's check-up. Dr. Smith wasn't happy with my blood pressure and said that I had worried alot over my mother. In fact, I had lost two pounds which was fine with me. He prescribed some meds and told me to relax. This morning, I made fresh blueberry pancakes and served them on the patio. I wanted to taste the Michigan maple syrup that we bought at a crafts fair while there in July. The birds sang and the chimes at City Hall played while we ate.

This afternoon we took a drive to Lake Hefner in Oklahoma City. We ate a late lunch at Mama Roja's. It is a very classy restaurant overlooking the marina. We ate beef fajita and chicken enchiladas with rice and refried beans. Everyone gets hot tortillas with butter and sopapillas. I had a mixed feeling of being in California and Michigan. There was a lighthouse and a yacht harbour. However, I missed the smell of salt air, and the call of seagulls. After lunch we strolled the area and found the Lakeside Grill that has a huge balcony that overhangs the lake. The hostess was a pretty girl from Dallas who was more than happy to show us their menu. Next time, I would love to dine there and order some grilled shrimp and lobster.

Bill brought home a letter Friday afternoon which made me smile. We both are getting pay raises! In a time of recession, God just keeps smiling on us. As I said before, "I'm not making a living, I'm making a giving." I love giving gifts to others and can do it better when the money comes in! Thank you, God! You just keep proving your love!

No comments: