Friday, August 28, 2009

Life Keeps Me from Gettting Into a Rut

I would probably be content to teach, go to the pool, cook dinner and then watch Wheel of Fortune (one of my favorite shows). However, life keeps throwing me curves. This week, Mom has decided to be independent. She reminds me of Selah (2 years old) who wants to do everything for herself but really can't. I decided to get advice from her doctor because I have seen other caretakers be overbearing and treat the ill like they are stupid children. While driving to the clinic, I was listening to Oasis radio. A man was asking, "Do you really believe that God loves you? Do you really believe that God wants what is good for you?" It was so relaxing to answer, "YES!" It is also nice to have my brothers Noel, Galen, and Roger to care and help me make decisions about Mom when I don't trust myself. God often speaks through them.

I just read Galen's blog. I realize that people who are generally very logical will sometimes turn their backs on logic when their hearts have been hardened. I have often wondered why some people are so receptive to the Spirit of God and others are not. I recently read that whether a heart is soft or hard depends on the material it is made of. If our hearts are made of wax, the sun will soften it. However, if we have allow the wax to be replaced by clay, the sun will harden it. I pray that my own heart will always be soft.

No comments: