Friday, August 7, 2009

Taking Time to Smell the Roses

I am really trying to pace myself this week. After school I will take time to get my hair cut. That is always relaxing! God has blessed me with natural waves, so it doesn't take much time to cut, shampoo and blow dry. Bill and I went swimming at the fitness center twice in the afternoon this week and plan to go back this afternoon. The pool is usually warm, but since the temps outside have been so hot, I noticed that the water felt cool. It was so refreshing! Lance, our trainer, seemed glad to see us back. He is training for a marathon in Okla. City.

I am enjoying teaching only in the mornings this session. I was able to take Mom shopping. It's fun to watch her. I also took some books to the post office for her. She enjoys buying books and DVDs for other people. I know that I've learned about generosity from her.

While at the Hampton Inn in Rolla, Mo., I filled out an evaluation because a huge mistake had been made on the breakfast planning. We talked to people in the lobby for 20 minutes while we waited for additional food, and there was no seating. This had never happened before and I usually give the hotel high marks in everything. We were surprised when we received a letter of apology and a 100% reimbursement on our hotel stay. We will continue to be Hilton Honors Members!!!

No comments: