Friday, August 21, 2009

It's Friday!

I have enjoyed my week! Since Mom returned to her apartment, we have been able to go to the pool after classes and swim for an hour. I feel like I have worked every muscle in my body. The nighttime temperatures are falling into the 60s now, so we have also been able to open the windows and turn off the AC. Our neighborhood is extremely quiet and safe thus far.

Yesterday, I took Mom to the doctor for a follow-up in the morning, and then taught in the afternoon. While standing in the hall talking, I felt someone come up behind me and begin messaging my neck and shoulders. Jason (Korean) had returned from his New York trip. He has just begun to study the Bible and has invited David (from Beijing) to join our class on Sunday. This is a "big deal" because as I mentioned in an earlier blog, David is not permitted to attend church in his province. He explained that he would be viewed as a "trouble maker". Both of his parents are corporate lawyers. Also, David is a fantastic acoustic guitarist who plays solos.

Today, I have to do some organizing. Due to the Bible Class expanding to 20 members, it is becoming necessary for me to think like I did when I taught a class of 25 first graders. I must divide them into 4 groups for discussion and then have a leader report to the whole. The church provides various pastries and a selection of coffee and tea that the members can enjoy during the class. We meet in the new fellowship hall which is very convenient.

Roger, my youngest brother, is excited! His church just merged with another church in California. Roger's new position is Church Administrator. Roger has always been bi-vocational and he knows how to manage money and people very well. (Evident by his 40 ft. sailboat.) His plan for the new church is to use everyone's abilities. People have volunteered to start groups for music, drama, video, crafts etc. Thirty groups are being established. The point ----true Christianity is not something you do on Sunday, it is a way of life. Christians do not "make a living", we "make a way for giving."

No comments: