Wednesday, August 26, 2009

More Serendipities

I dropped by my Mom's after class today. My cousin, Sharon, from Little Rock and her sister, Susan, from OKC were coming to visit. We lived in California together when we were small. It has been fun getting re-acquainted as adults! Sharon manages one of the LifeWay Bookstores and her husband is a pastor. We all chatted for a long time about how church music has changed - the pros and the cons.

I'm learning more than my students in my Reading/Composition class. I learned how Egyptians make mummies. I learned that the Arabic word for wax is "mum", thus the word mummy. I am planning to take my students to St. Gregory's museum to view a mummy next week.

I recently read Galen's blog. Yes!! God has taken the most mundane parts of my life and made it FUN! I really can't imagine living without the knowledge that God is my very best friend. Call me absolutely crazy ----I talk to Him about everything and He uses people and circumstance to talk back. Being a child of God really is FUN!

No comments: