Friday, September 11, 2009

Congrats Party/Dentist

The SEI faculty was sent a memo of congratulations from the head office this week. Twice a year, the students evaluate the school, faculty and administration. In spite of adjusting to the challenges of a changing student population, we received high scores in every area. Thus, we were given a catered lunch from the Chicago Deli. I could get use to that!

Anne returned from her vacation in San Diego and I was a bit apprehensive because I had made a few changes to the phonetics program. She was not offended and admitted that she didn't have the linguistics training for the international program. I thanked God for answering my prayer!

After my last class, I calculated final grades for the session, and then headed to Dr. Sims office. At my last check-up, he had decided that he wanted to fill a growing gap between an upper molar and my gum before it becomes a problem. It took about an hour, and of course I had a fat mouth! I drove myself home and sank into the couch with the footrest up. Bill noted my exhaustion and went out to get fish sandwiches and shakes. Try eating and drinking through a straw when you have no feeling on one side of your mouth. Oh well!

No comments: