Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Funerals/MacDonalds/Dentist/Lincoln

Yesterday, I baked a chocolate cake and took it to the church on my way to school. Lori Edwards is a member of our choir, and lost her father on Saturday. I was impressed to see that at least 15 women were already there arranging the most beautiful dinner.

Tecumseh's first MacDonalds is scheduled to open today. Last year, the city repaved streets, put in gaslights and landscaped Broadway. It's becoming quite the community.

Speaking of food, I was given a bag of fresh okra. I took the time to cut and fry it for dinner last night. There's nothing more Okie than okra and garden tomatoes. Californians don't know anything about such indulgences.

I'm going to the dentist after school this afternoon for my 6 month cleaning and check-up. It's not my favorite activity.

A friend mentioned going to Springfield, Illinois. I have been to Lincoln's tomb several times. Many of my friends and I agreed that while there, we could feel the spirit of God surround his tomb. No American president had more faith and had to rely on God as much as he did. You can almost feel the brush of angel's wings!

No comments: