Saturday, September 19, 2009

Frontier Days

Tecumseh celebrates Frontier Days at this time every year. Last night, we hosted our Bible Study Supper Six. I put country barbeque ribs in the crockpot while I was at school. The night before I made a pineapple upside down cake. I hadn't done that for many moons and had a hard time finding the cherries in the grocery store. (I don't like those cherries, but they look pretty.) After dinner, we drove over to City Hall where the countrywestern dance was taking place in the street. There was a live band on a flatbed and many people had turned out to enjoy the balmy evening. Some of the dancers were really good! It made me want to take some lessons! Gliori's Restaurant closed early, so the six of us visited with Ian while listening to the music. It was nice to get to know David and Suzanne Brown much better. They are a younger couple in our class. David installs and repairs Restaurant equipment for Hobart.

This morning we are planning to go to the Frontier Days Parade and listen to the HS band. Having taught band for 20 years, Bill gets a charge out of just listening. This afternoon, we plan to see a movie at the Hornbeck. I think Sandra Bullock has a movie out. She's cute! Later, I have to type two more vocabulary tests for my classes. Those students are a hoot! Yesterday, they discussed the pros and cons of arranged marriage. It turns out that my East Indian girl is in an arranged marriage. She's happy for the moment, but says that she can divorce in the future if her husband finds someone he really loves. The boys in the class were trying to figure out why someone would marry if they weren't in love. I sat and listened to their great discussion!!

No comments: