Friday, September 11, 2009

The Spirit of God is Peace

We have all witnessed our elected representatives in both parties act in disrespect this past year. It is no wonder that our children resort to name calling and disrespect their parents. As I recall, I even heard a policeman called "stupid" on television. Maturity and wisdom comes from God. Without Him, none of us have the discipline to bring about peace within our own world --not Christians, nor a pastor. I know that there are many times that I would love to call someone a nasty name, or wish that I could rid them from my life. But then, the spirit of God tells me that I am wrong, and that I must change my thoughts and hold my tongue. I, myself, have to continue to work on having the Spirit of God in my life. I'm not perfect!

No comments: