Monday, September 14, 2009

Tecumseh Weekend

The rain has set in for over 24 hours and the weather feels like Fall. It reminds me of California in the winter --no thunder, lightening, and is cool.

In spite of the rain, Bill and I took off for the county fair on Saturday evening. We watched the Irish Dancers. They were first class and kept me spellbound! Between the dancing and the team roping, we went to Wendy's and ordered chili. It just seemed right on a cool rainy night. While wandering through the fairgrounds, we encountered several people from our church who showed us their blue ribbons. I still feel like an outsider looking in at the culture of Oklahoma!

There were 15 in our Bible Study on Sunday morning. Four of our students went to Houston this weekend. They were planning to see the ocean. I wonder if they made it??? After church, Bill and Jessica practiced a trumpet/trombone duet for next Sunday. I accompanied on the piano. It's "I've Got Peace Like a River" and "Amen". The melodies intertwine very nicely.

Galen and Sondra came over on Sunday evening before driving back to California this morning. I made a pot of potatoe soup and baked a pan of brownies. We relived our trip to Texas and discussed our world situation. I got my hair cut this weekend, and I'm on my way to the nail salon. I'm trying to be ready for full-time teaching while one of my fellow teachers is on vacation in Israel. She and her husband are Jewish and lived in a Kibbutz for several years. Maybe I will go in the future to visit.

No comments: