Friday, September 25, 2009

Crazy Week

It is Friday! Yeah! I just finished my full-time teaching! I put the mid-session grades on and left notes for Lucille. It has been a crazy week because we had a "end of Ramadan" party on Monday with lamb and rice etc. Then, on Tuesday we had a birthday party after school for one of the boys who turned 21. Watch out, Oklahoma!

Sofia called to tell me that she is taking piano lessons. She is so excited and started singing the notes to me that she has learned. In addition to practicing on the piano, she has a software program that teaches her the notes. I didn't know that king George and queen Ann live inside the black castle on the keyboard. I should have used that system when I was teaching piano!!

After school today, Bill and I went to a Barbeque for dinner, and then to Wal-Mart. We shopped for a basketball and tennis balls. The students are going to Gliori's Restaurant tomorrow for lunch, and then to our house for games in the park. I'm planning banana splits after the games.

Mom wanted me to come over tonight and get some of her tomatoes. I didn't make it. Oh well, I'm taking her grocery shopping in the morning before the kids come over. I couldn't believe my own tomatoe plants. They didn't decide to grow anything until September! Everyday, I have picked at least 12 tomatoes. I have learned a lesson in patience. I was ready to rip them out of the ground, and am so glad I waited a little longer. I guess God feels that way about us sometimes, but just waits a little longer to see if we are going to respond. Thank you, God for your mercy!

No comments: