Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sad News/Good News/Fascinating Students

We just got an email from our former principal in Tokyo, Japan that his wife, Cheryl, has a cancerous tumor growing in the space where they removed her kidney. Cheryl is 55 years old. I had just written in my blog about playing the chapel organ at that school, so I was shocked!

On a happier note, Marlene (our neighbor in Manistee) called and said they are coming to Oklahoma to see their grandson who is attending OSU in Stillwater. Great!! Also, Kirk and Tamra are planning to come to Tecumseh for Thanksgiving while Kelli and her kids are here. Kelli was born on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 26th. Her birthday is on Thanksgiving Day this year as well. I didn't think I could take care of two little girls in pink who were 14 months apart. But God definitely planned her, and she has been nothing but joy!!

I am presently teaching full-time while Lucille is away. Frank is a new student from Columbia. He works for Johnson & Johnson as a surgical equipment engineer. He has taught doctors at Mayo Clinic. When introducing himself, he said that he is very religious. I was amazed when he voluntarily said that without God, his life would only consist of material things. The other new student is Amitha. She was a college math teacher in India. Her husband is working at St. Gregory's as a computer technician. Today, she plans to show us the many decorations that they wear on their foreheads and what the meanings are.

I worried over my students who went on their roadtrip to Houston last weekend. I didn't realize that they planned to stop in Six Flags. While in Dallas, it flooded and the amusement park closed at 3 p.m. The kids told me that they traveled on to Houston and "prayed to God for sun". Did they get sun!!! Those poor kids all have sunburns! Oh well! It gave them something to write about in class, and I thanked God they were all back safely.

No comments: