Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Bill's Birthday/Back to School

Today is Bill's 60th birthday (and his twin brother, Jim's). I think it's really hard on him because he still thinks young! Schools were still closed on Monday, so we did our testing of new students on Tuesday, and began classes today. I teach Grammar 105 from 10 AM to noon, and then Reading and Writing 103 from 1 pm to 3 pm every day. We have 5 new students from Ecuador who got stuck at the Dallas Airport during the ice storm before flying to Tulsa, and then driving to Shawnee. They had never seen ice or snow!

I baked a cherry cobbler and took it to the teacher's room this morning. It was very popular! Bill's big party is Friday night at our house. Actually, he just came home from the doctor. She burned off some little "barnacles" on his face.

I feel like my birthday has gone on for ten days. Kelli sent me a very nice gift card for Bath and Body Shop, and one of my students gave me some embroidered cloths for my bread baskets. She told me earlier that she was going to give me something for my "breath". Anne and I kept trying to think of what she meant. When she gave me something for my "bread" I was very relieved! Smile!

This afternoon, I was listening to the Oasis radio station as I drove home. The 3 pm program is great! They play a lot of hymns in a big band or jazz style. They also played a song today that I think must be new. The words are a very simple prayer .....God, help my friend to know you and understand how much you love. There's nothing I can do, only wait for You. As I listened to the words, I wondered who wrote the song, and for whom the song was written. It was so sincere and so powerful!

No comments: