Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday Morning

The days are getting away from me! Sunday, we had 17 in Bible Study. I reminded them that next week is Valentine's Day and they should bring a friend. Friday night, we are having an all church banquet catered by Fratelli's Italian Restaurant in Shawnee. Pastor Larry preached a sermon on "Worship and Praise". He told us how grateful he is that our church is so joyful. The singing takes the roof off every Sunday! He also told us that Kareoke means an Oklahoma pall bearer at a funeral. Think about that one! (In Japanese, it means "singing with an orchestra") It was impressed on us, that worship is not "a style" but "a state of the heart toward God."

The classroom can often be a place of counseling. When my students can't concentrate or seem down, I quiz them to see if I can help. One of my girls burst out crying because her boyfriend had just dumped her via email. She felt better after the rest of the class told her we understood completely and it happens to many people. In fact, one of the boys told her that his girlfriend was mad because he came to the States for a few months. Life and love is so hard!!!

I was totally surprised when a beautiful young woman told me that she loved Teacher Bill and was going to marry him. My first thought was that I would have to divorce him first, but then realized that it wouldn't be an issue in her country. I laughed, and told her that she was welcome to him if she could get him. When I told Bill, he had to think about it for a minute because her father owns a famous hotel chain in the Middle East. Smile!!

More on love later. I've got to go vote this morning before I go to school. Satan is always active, so we Christians have to wake up!

No comments: