Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday Evening

This morning, I woke up to the sound of thunder and rain on the roof. I lay on my pillow and watched the lightening show out the bedroom window. I didn't want to get up. I love thunderstorms and just wanted to enjoy the terrific display of God's power. However, I had much to do. In spite of the rain, 14 people came to Bible Study. I took a picture of the class , but Lorna and Marilee were covering children's classes and we missed them. Our topic was about having the mind of Christ, and how to respond to hateful people. The discussion was lively to say the least. During the morning service, I was presented a certificate of appreciation for beginning and teaching that adult class. I had no idea and was in shock when I was asked to come to the front of the auditorium.

Bill and I played the offertory this morning. He played, "For Those Tears I Died" on his wooden recorder. Of course, when Bill chose that song, I flashed right back to St. Vincent where Keri and Kelli sang that as little girls. It was a grown up song, and Kelli began to cry at the beginning of the service. She was afraid she would forget the words. The girls did a perfect job, but in the recording you could hear the tears in Kelli's voice. So sweet!

After church, we began our Easter musical practice. I'm always inspired by the people who will sacrifice their time to stay after the service.

Kirk called this weekend. He was so excited about being in Haiti!! He said that Tamra got to teach many people in the orphanage about first aid and medical treatment. He also said the response to the message of Christ is heartening. There is a chance for Haiti!

Saturday morning, Bill and I worked around the house until noon. Then, we saw the movie, Dear John". I'll just say, that it's a story that many of us can relate to, and you will hear lots of sniffles. However, the ending is a surprise! After the movie, we went out for a fish dinner. No more fast food places for me until my lab numbers are where they should be. It's kind of fun to have meat, salad, and vegies every meal. Smile!

Tomorrow is Monday, and is a training day for teachers. I have been asked to give a presentation on Metalanguage. I talked about it at lunch one day, and the director asked me to explain it and train the other teachers. Frankly, I'm learning that what I think is common sense is new to many young teachers.

I'm going to relax now and watch the Winter Olympics. Maybe God will send some more rain tonight. I pray that I will never become blinded to the presence of God. He said that I could always find Him when I seek Him. I can trust His promises.

No comments: