Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday Morning


It is a cool drizzly morning. It's jeans day at school, and that reflects my mood. Last night, we had an emotional farewell dinner for Lucille. The owners of The Language Company drove from Edmond, our former director, Desiree, drove from Tulsa. Shane Jett (a former director, who is now an Oklahoma Rep.) came and presented Lucille with a certificate signed by Gov. Brad Henry. Wow! Shane was one of the first people I met when I came to Oklahoma. He tried to recruit me twice to teach. However, I chose to teach first grade, and then went back to Japan. It's a joke between us that I wouldn't teach for SEI until after he left and went into politics. Last night, he whispered to me that he will be running for another position soon, and needs our help. He's young, handsome, charming and most of all, a dynamic Christian.

Before school, I saw Dr. Smith. He wasn't pleased with my sugar lab numbers. He has referred me to the nutritionist at the Fitness Center to avoid diabetes or a stroke. I told him the pool heater had been down, and I had been walking. He agreed that swimming was far better for my joints than walking.

Wednesday, I ran errands for Mom after school. She has a small needlepoint rocker in her livingroom. I always enjoy just sitting in that rocker and talking to her. She plays CDs during the day, and it is so relaxing!

Bill and I have enjoyed watching the Winter Olympics. I love looking at the snow, but I get cold easily, so I like watching winter sports from my LazyBoy. I'm still amazed that Kirk and Tamra are so good at snowboarding. Shaun White is a cool tomatoe!

No comments: