Saturday, February 6, 2010

Thank God It's Saturday!

Thusday evening, I got a message on my way out of school, that Linda's mother was in ER . It was cold and raining, but I knew I should go. When I arrived at the hospital, I was told that I couldn't go in because I didn't know her mother's last name. Frustrated, I called Pastor Larry and he said he would call ER to let me in. Sure enough, a very kind nurse led me to the correct room. As I was entering the room, Linda was on the phone with Larry, and she assured him that I was there. I stayed until the doctor was sure that Linda's mother was stabilized.

Friday morning, the phone rang while I was cooking breakfast at 7 PM. Anne had been ill most of the night, and was asking me to cover her 9 AM class. I drove to school in time to look at Anne's lesson plans which were not complete. Fortunately, I have taught that conversation class before, and knew what to do. I prayed that God would give me strength for my day, and a positive spirit.

After school, I drove to the pharmacy, to the post office, and to the bakery to pick up Bill's cake. I got home one hour before the party. The picture below is of some of our guests. Marilee and J.R. came in after the picture was taken, so there were 14 of us altogether. We had a sandwich and salad menu. Some people stopped by Subway and brought their contributions. David, our Chinese friend had his chef friend at Sunrise Chinese Buffet make Chinese dumplings and Korean grilled steak. The conversation was very interesting! Five of us had been to Africa, and everyone had been to Europe. David told us stories about China and his father's oil pipes that are made of porcelein rather than metal. Before going home, Pete and Chuck picked out a violin trio to be played in April. Everyone left about 9 p.m. and said they would see us in Bible Study Class on Sunday. As Bill was helping me clean up, I was thanking God for giving me strength for my day, and for friends who have deep faith and positive spirits.

No comments: